Saturday, July 7, 2012

"Featured Artist" Michael Kimble

My "FEATURED ARTIST" for the months of July and August is Michael Kimble, one of the truely tallented artist's I have ever met.

Michael Kimble is an accomplished painter, painting in the manner of the renaissance masters and influenced by contemporary techniques.

For me, the most powerful paintings tell some kind of story or invite the viewer to enter the painting. For portraits, if they are able to ask “How did the person get to this point in life, what are they thinking, and what might happen afterwards?” That is challenging for the portrait painter to accomplish. I think the landscape painter wants to invite the viewer into the painting. I like to be enticed to wonder what’s down this path, around those trees, in that forest, or in those mountains. It’s gotta make me want to go there.”

No comments: